The Real Estate Shopping Process
As your real estate broker, my most important job is to make the real estate shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
I regularly recommend investments for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting properties that aren’t suitable.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the investment, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
I also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, transportation, traffic etc.
When you find an investment you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the property meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my professional advice.
As your real estate broker, I’m committed to getting you into the right property, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Home or Investment Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing properties to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the property have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of rooms, square footage, parking, location, etc.)
- Does the property have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large lot size, storage, spacious rooms, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the property? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the property need any major repairs, remodelling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the HVAC or roof, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the property?
- Is there anything about the property you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodelling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the properties well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the property is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, services, highway access etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the investment you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of property you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.